Friday, August 3, 2007

Waiting

I'm down to four days until the 10-day waiting period finishes. It looks like I will be able to pick up Cory from the orphanage next Tuesday morning, August 7, and hopefully be back in Kiev by the eve of August 8, with last paperwork items to do there, finishing by Friday eve. We have our flights booked for Saturday morning, August 11, departing Kiev at 1150am. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we have very little room for error in gathering the proper paperwork starting Tuesday. If we can't get things done at the U.S. embassy by Friday afternoon, it means waiting another "working day" and having to move the flight back to Tuesday August 14.
Cory is doing great, and is learning some English words. He really likes grabbing leaves off the trees when I give him piggy back rides, so that was the first word he learned: LEAF! He's a sharp little guy. I missed visiting on Wednesday and when I showed up on Thursday he literally sprinted from about 30 yards away and jumped into my arms saying Papa, Papa, over and over. The English-speaking helper told me that he thought I wasn't going to adopt him, and he was scared. I was able to have a pretty cool moment with him with the lady translating, and told him I was his Papa, that I would always be his Dad, and he wouldn't have to worry about not having a Mom and Dad. The orphanage worker got teary. It was a great moment. he said to me through the translator, "Papa, you have a beautiful heart." Wow.
Hope to post again this weekend.
Thanks!
Kyle

4 comments:

Julie Carobini said...

Wow is right. Hope the week flies by, Kyle.

Kerry said...

Kyle,
What an amazing little boy-so perceptive about what he sees and so forthright and articulate about expressing his emotions. Kyle, what a gem you have! Treasure him like there's no tomorrow.

I will continue to pray for all of you and that this next week goes well and you're both home week after next.

I love you dearly,
Kerry

mark g. said...

Kyle,

What an answer to prayer! It's already been said, but he does look like a Duncan. I'm so happy for you guys. I look forward to your return with Cory!

Blessings,
mark g.

John Shore said...

Fantastic. He's so adorable! Tell you what: I'll pay you DOUBLE whatever you paid for him.

Boy, I sure hope God has a really ... generous sense of humor.

This is all so beautiful, Kyle. Thanks for the postings. Congratulations again.

But seriously. Double.